Our scope of works can be split broadly into two categories, automation of documents and consultancy.
Automation of documents
Typical project phases:
- Initial scoping/mark-up
- User testing
- Further amends/changes made and re-test as required
- Sign off and launch
- Ongoing maintenance, updates and further changes
From the automation of a simple document to complex ‘suites’ of multiple documents, this could vary from ad-hoc automation to a fully outsourced automation service.
From the deep experience I have working with and automating legal documents, and out of necessity in order to gain buy-in from internal lawyers, I have the ability to automate documents with little or no mark-up if this is required.
Strategic Advisory and Other Consultancy Services
Helping law firms use document automation to win new clients and strengthen existing client relationships. A top 4 UK clearing bank I worked with whilst at BLP (now BCLP) had the following to say in Legal Business (Issue 278 (Oct/Nov 2017)) :
“The things that are making a difference to us now are how well firms engage with technology. We recently reviewed one of our lending platforms and the law firm we worked with we chose because of the way their head of technology and their automation team worked to come up with an automated document solution.”
- Requirements gathering
- Supplier selection
- Building the business case
- IT implementation and system integration
- Liaising with all areas of the business to ensure the project is delivered on time and to meet the requirements
- Scoping out potential opportunities for automation
- Building demand and a pipeline of documents to be automated
- Carrying out demonstrations/presentations, or guidance for team members in this regard
- Improving end user adoption/usage (including end user training sessions)
Including support with recruiting new internal resources if required.
Training and support
For internal automation resources (post implementation).
Establishing automation best practice – naming conventions, change control/governance processes etc.